Welcome to the UDL!
The UDL is born! Ultimate Dodgeball is a game that has been developed over the past few months into an extremely fun time with friends, family...even co-workers! We are looking to add teams for a league that will play over the winter months.
Here's how the game works:
- The game is played with two teams of seven people.
- The game is based on points, not solely on eliminating the other team.
- You score points by eliminating other players and scoring goals.
- The goal is an orange cone on your opponent's end of the court.
- If you eliminate a player (Elimination or E), your team gets one point.
- If you score a goal (Goal or G) while your opponent still have players on the floor, your team gets two points.
- After you have eliminated the other team if time remains and your team still has possession of a dodgeball(s), you can score a Post-Elimination Goal (or "PEG"), and your team receives three points for each goal scored until no one can make an attempt on the goal. The referee declares the round over.
- There are three rounds to each game with a five minute time limit on each round. The team with the most points at the end of the three, five-minute rounds wins.
We are just in the beginning stages of starting this league. Rules and League Policies can be found in the Forms and Files section of the website.
Registration begins September 1st. The cost per team is $30. If you have the cost split up among seven people, that makes the cost a little more than $4.25 per player, which would mean the more players you have, the less it is per player. You can have as many players as you like, but only as many as 13 can play during a game.
The nice thing about this website is that you can register your teams and players online, right here at udl.redzoneleagues.com! It's easy, easy, easy!
Right now the league is scheduled to take place on Thursday Evenings at Trinity Church of the Nazarene. However, if other venues open up, we can look at scheduling other days. We won't play on Thanksgiving or Christmas (and a few other select dates in December), however, our start date for League Play is November 6. The playoffs will be in February.
Get your teams together! Then get ready to play more than dodgeball...Ultimate Dodgeball!
For more information, you can e-mail me at email@example.com.